Friday, August 13, 2010

CTYX - To Perform Reverse Split , Shares to Be Reduced By a 50-1 Ratio


Effective August 23rd shareholders of CTYX will find their share holdings reduced by a ratio of 50-1. As I noted to my subscribers CTYX was a great stock because of its share structure. If that were to change so would my view of CTYX. Ironically CTYX was getting some great upward movement up until mid-day today when it crumbled on the reverse split news.

As I state in my disclaimer, you will lose money trading penny stocks. These stocks are the most risky investments out there and anyone trading them has lost money at one point or another. Of course with that risk comes the potential for enormous gains, which I have been able to bring to my readers and subscribers.

While I can find stocks that post 2000-3000% gains or more, I can not control the actions of a company. I find it absurd that CTYX, just as it was getting investor attention, would suddenly decide it needed to screw each and every one of its shareholders over. This is precisely why these stocks can turn on a dime in either direction. Expect the unexpected.

The bottom line: if you can not afford to lose money trading penny stocks, then please do not follow my blog and unsubscribe yourself from my mailing list. Anyone expecting to post a profitable trade every single time with penny stocks is just fooling themselves. Anyone reading my blog thinking that every single stock I post about is going to go up is also fooling themselves. Inevitably I will blog about a stock that goes down. For every few stocks I pick that goes up 500%, 1000%, 2000%, I will have one that disappoints. I am not perfect and can not control company actions or whether investors buy or sell a stock.

Reverse splits, dilution, 50-75% losses, are all the nature of the beast. No one ever said making 2,000% on your investment was going to be easy.

1 comment:

D said...

Caught wind of this situation late in the trading day today. Completely sucks and I'm mystified as to why they would do this, but as you say, just goes to show that you never can tell what these pinkies will do next. I'm sure I'll lose some $$ here, no doubt about that, but hopefully I can salvage some and recover my losses on the next one. Onward & upward.