Friday, July 8, 2011

MRNA - Another Before and After

On July 1st last week I noted MRNA could make for a decent bottom trade. That day I also posted three times on Twitter about the stock and its potential as a bottom play. These are high risk stocks, and catching a falling knife can be a difficult proposition. In this case MRNA traded exactly as I had envisioned it last week.

This is the chart I posted on my blog after Friday's trading session last week, lets call this the BEFORE:



MRNA this week struggled and for the first time in many months started to rally. The stock touched just below $.20 yesterday and then galloped out of the gates this morning on some pre-market news. Today the stock soared more than 50% to $.2878 from my initial alert price of $.184. I was thinking the stock would be good for 20-30% and possibly more and I was right on the money. I'm not always right and I'm happy to give my readers the opportunity to profit off these bottom type stocks. Congratulations to those who stuck it out and took a chance on MRNA. I called GGRI recently at $.014 and it hit almost $.20 a share. MRNA was not the 1,000%+ rally that GGRI was, but it was still a very profitable trade. Once again to those who bought and profited congratulations. There is no better feeling than pointing out to my readers potentially profitable trades.

Let's call this next chart the AFTER:

No comments: